- 400g chicken breasts cut into schnitzel like long flat pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves- crushed
- 3 green onions- sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 400g can chickpeas-drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Combine chicken, oil, parsley and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and chickpeas to pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and juice. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and chickpeas are heated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Chef’s note: This recipe makes 4 portions, so refrigerate ½ to serve later in the week as leftovers.